Sunday 17 June 2012

Prelude

So this is it. Here I stand. This is me to the world. And this is my moment of exposure....
As a little prelude, I wish to explain where I am in life.

Given the blog title, chosen transiently, you may understand that I am open and closed to many things. Also given that I have written a few sentences without any real meaning, I am more experimenting in a style of writing than a style of thinking.

Or that is what I think currently. Because it was only this morning, when I put my best foot forward,  I would take the leap of faith and open up to the 'world' about all these things that trouble me. Ideas, not words.

Yes, ideas not words.

So I begin with my growing concern of the lie we are being led to live in; the lie that is being called the 'life' that we must not question.

The 'shock doctrine'. The disparity that lies within male and female rights. The disparity in what is called homophobia. The part religion, organized religion, may play in this. The growing, and very real concern that capitalism is directly proportionate to ill health, poverty, life expectancy, frustration; riots, violence: suppression.

The disregard to all that is not man. The plundering of animals, the environment; why it almost seems that the cloud weep on this acid flooded land.

The growing realization, that now more than ever before, man is the measure of all things.
But the worse part, the growing realization that some men have become the measure of all things.

Stepping back, getting a grasp back on sanity, I do have hope. Not an idealist's version of hope.

But, hopefully an altruistic hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment