Friday 10 August 2012

Bleed


While the clouds bleed upwards
While Joni Mitchell sings anthems
I am exalted;
Relaxed, free, and spinning wildly.

Pausing

I stand at the back door to the course
(An end of yet another era)
Watching understated clouds
Against Petone’s dark sprouting green hill
Russian tragedy backdrop

Reacting to many a million moment past;

‘Tears and fears and feeling proud,
To say I love you right out loud
Dreams and schemes and circus crowds
I’ve looked at life that way.

But now old friends are acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I’ve changed
Well some things lost, but some things gained
In living every day.

Oh I’ve looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose, and still some how
Its life’s allusions I recall
I really don’t know life at all.’

At this acme I feel such loss, such ensuing emptiness.

Could it be
Nobody’s immediately here to have
My happiness?

My friends,
The beacons of awareness and street wisdomry
Who many an hour winnow;
Biding atomic seconds with such obsolescent precision.

I worship them, I love
I laud in their presence
Eternally reminded of
Just how much their inspiration radiates;

Yet I cannot have any of them
To be my own.

Our binary dna once unravelled
Unravels the entire woven cloth
That is ours to share amongst ourselves.

But, when all is said and done, I return
Alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment