Sunday 4 November 2012

Dull Flame


‘Through the down cast lashes
I see the dull flame of desire’
-Bjork

I stand at the crossroads on the landing.

The evening sun rays penetrate the gerbera petals
Once again
Harshly halo-ing the pastel co-ordinates.

The spider plant has been relegated to its suicidal perch
Above the toilet
In front of the venturi e(a)ffected window
That channels from the southern seas.

The towels hang roughly over the other toilet
Encasing it into a cubicle of wet colours
Each fighting for their space of dehumidified air
To humidify.

It was the cubicle, the humidity;
The sanctum I chose to dwell in
After a day of exposing my self
To the sunshine. To the grass.
To the people whom I surround myself with.

But now I felt lost. Heavy. Dejected.
---------------------------
I stay perpetually occupied.

I am not my best friend.
Not now.

I thought, in my wet cubicle, about the loss
That is about to hit
Of the lost friends this summer.

The ones who have died in the last few weeks
Been delegated to enter the road of perdition
Where pain is the least of their burdens.

The setting sun
Over those mountains,
 Over there.

But not the mountain rivers within
That surge upwards at the slightest loss
And drown any reason,
Or pragmatism.

Deluging my spirit into avarice.

And yet it is apathy I hate.

It is the dull flame of desire for life,
I have.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment