Sunday 18 November 2012

Verbal injustices


As I look down,
A half squirmish pile of vermicelli
Smothered in sesame seeds
Complimented with steamed peas
Grows into writhing eels with green hats.

Claustrophobically cling wrapped.

She is on her side again,
The purplish grey rings around her eyes
Tell of more fatigue.

She is no longer Iscariot the traitor,
But Jude the betrayed.

A ball of sadness unravels in the stomach pit
And, embodied in the squirm,
Reaches out piercing the cling wrap
Wrapping its seeking tendrils around her neck.

What would it be to put her out of misery?

My eyes are my power.

Walking steadily down the same corridor
I watch the imbalanced liquid in a tea cup
Teasingly swaying from side to side of cup,
I slow down
And then splash out onto the saucer.

This is the life of the resident;
Unsteadily giving and trusting.

Don't start yourself too short,
my love
Or someday you might find
your soul endangered
A natural beauty should be preserved
like a monument to nature
.’

I quickly place a napkin onto the saucer,
Balancing the breakfast tray on my weak wrist
Weary of one slight millimetre out
My day would be ruined.

Revelation awaited,
The tea seeps across the bleached white napkin
Tainted purity
But all the more beautiful for it.

I live my life as a metaphor,
As an analogy to real life.

But in that I am sated,
Replete
Somnolent with gratification,
Of greedily drinking the sap of life.

-----------------------------------
The cracked outer shell
Is solidifying
But still ink drops
Trapped in water droplets
On the inside.

Seeking anew
Merging
Permeating
With no end.

The wealth of emotions
I learn of late
Are immeasurable in words.
Only Leonard Cohen could do them justice.

As are the relationships built with people,
They are all my lovers
And I revel in my harem of life.

But with a beady, naive eye.

I am the Mexican Hand Tree afterall.



No comments:

Post a Comment