Wednesday 4 July 2012

Postprandial Somnolence

Music:
'Amen' by Leonard Cohen
'Tusk' by Fleetwood Mac

I am slightly strung;
The violin strings courting the cello
Make for a relaxed tension.

Not the first time I have heard this.
Last night, amidst the beer and the cider
Words in great discourses were had:
Smalls towns, National-ism
Recycling, Conservatism,
Exclusivism, and inaction
Giving and taking,
Telepathy
The perfect chemistry skill required 
To remove oats from margerine.

Throat singing and the 'relaxed tensions' that makes it perfect.

This equilibrium sought in China and Mongolia itself
Then following his nose
Ended up in England for two years
To 'sit on it' and let the voice mellow.

It worked.

He projects. His bloodshot bald head becomes demonic.
The vocal chords show such control and such melody.
But there is unnerving mellowness in this transfixing alloy.

Then the other,
Who remembers me as being 'nice'
Did Clementine not take the edge off that word in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"?

(I, for the record, didn't remember him,
Blissfully awkward my reaction)

Same journey 
Eastward, then to England to 'mellow'.

'you must surrender to India before it surrenders to you'
I nod thinking
Once surrendered, warriors of sentiment march in
You are then forever lost to Her.
Anarchy reigns; chaos ordered.

Anarchy reigns; chaos un-ordered.

The glass pane pulsated against my insulated back,
This, I think, is rheumatoid arthritis in a 130 year house.
If not, the nature's got a cold?

The pulsations turn into a resonance,
A low grumble, then snappy shaking.

I figure. 
This is what I have been prepared for.
So what do I do?
Wake up Slumber?

Peeling the bed covers non-chalantly.
I watch the night, maroon shadows move exigently;

The bookcase is protesting the books.

Peering into the cavernous darkness
The cold frightens me more than the earthquake.

I return to bed replete with the knowledge 
I cannot suffer alone;

Pi's impasse is now too intrinsic!

My classical ego overtakes;
How do I fair (fear?) against this unnerving pane (pain?) shaking:

3732830. 03/07/2012. 22.36. 7. 230 
(North West).

Not satisfied, I go for the Romantic ego.
Firsthand encounters.

Chimney pots. Cowering. Lintels. Macbook Airs.
Strength. Excitement. Magnitude. Fortune. Power. 
Horror. Interest. No danger. Casual.

Textbook panic.

Facebook can be the most effectual tome on human nature:
So stimulated are we, we resort to greater stimulation in times of over stimulation.
The adrenaline rush of knowing other encounters, the survival;
The living to tell the chivalric tale.

Sated, I rest back,
If I die it is meant to be.
No chivalry there.


No comments:

Post a Comment