Thursday 27 September 2012

Argh-Jesus-Rolly


Its 11.32pm. I am in bed, awash with yellow lamplight,

Wind (enveloping this perching palace I call home)
Traffic: the indelible mark of their gemstone
‘Low spark of high heeled boys’
And, the assuaging ease of step one completed of my mission
(*more action on ANSFW facebook page).

Earlier this evening I played hopscotch along the motorway
Strung to Hot Chip’s ‘Motion Sickness’
Which, if anything, joyfully quickened my step
To side step the sliding shells in the lamplight.

Oh what a burden would lie on my conscience
If the crashing crush nether my shoe
Bristled every neck hair in eulogy to that raised soul.

I had just dined. Nachos. And chocolate mousse.
With my three sisters who live in a doll’s house
With their three cats:
Married but Spinsters to be.

With the melancholy of late
I welcome this joy that has deluged my body this afternoon
Washing away doubt, self deprecation and self pity.

In the library this afternoon,
While the waterfront got wetter
I combated my fears on a few pieces of paper:
A moratorium on facebook
More sleep:
Nothing new really
But sometimes these things must be written down to be realised.

The theme of the day, I felt, so properly summarised in my friend’s text
(In light of knowing I was still coughing)
Argh-Jesus-Rolly.

My life encapsulated!

(Aside from my friend, Hot Chip writes theme songs for my life:
Look up 'Motion Sickness'. Now.)

x

*image courtesy: online


No comments:

Post a Comment